Happy Birthday!
by PamFord Davis

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!" Are you still counting the years; or do you refuse to even show your driver's license? Children anxiously await their birthday, expecting cake, ice cream and presents! We need a little of their spirit; put on your party hat and count the candles! Those of us who follow Christ have two birthdays to celebrate!


Each October, I happily look forward to the 22nd, my spiritual birthday. How old am I? My birth certificate officially documents I am sixty; but the Book of Life lists me as forty two today! We are given a second chance at life; and the gift is waiting to be opened.
(John 3:1-21) It is not a reincarnation; it is rebirth and transformation! It is not turning over a new leaf; it is living water springing up within! Our Father proudly announces our birth to the angels and they rejoice! "Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents (Luke 15:10 NKJ)." A heavenly chorus is having choir practice. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print