Pride and Joy
by PamFord Davis

Are you receiving God's blessings as a parent or grandparent? Children are a gift of the Lord; and they instantly become our pride and joy! We want to hold them, gently rock and smother them with kisses! Each milestone of progress is recorded in baby books and in snapshots and video. No accomplishment is too small to recognize and remember. They are a part of us, and add fulfillment to each passing day.


As heavenly Father, God's eyes look down on His created world. Can He take pride in us, our families, cities and nations? Does He see maturity and steady growth in Christ or are we still babes? (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) He, like any Father likes to brag on His children. (Job 1:8) Job found favor with God and the devil did not like it one bit!


The Lord holds a special place in His heart for a city on the hill, too. "I will make you an eternal excellence, a joy of many generations (Isaiah 60:15b NKJ)." The city of the Lord: Zion, Jerusalem is His pride and joy! His heart breaks when she refuses His perfect will. When will she accept His unconditional love? "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you are not willing (Matthew 23:37 NKJ)!" A life or a city can become God's pride and joy. We must not bring Him shame and sorrow.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print