Failure
by PamFord Davis

What happens when a person fails? They become a failure. Think about that briefly. It is hard to fail. It is humiliating to be a failure. Have you ever watched a child learning to walk? If you took time to notice not only the tumbles, but also the expressions, you saw failure. We have a desire to achieve and even babies want applause, not scolding. They quickly sense our approval as we clap; and displeasure when we change the tone of our voice. The pain is deepest when as adults we fail those we love.


The disciples honestly tried to please their Lord and Master Jesus. They eagerly listened to His teaching and tried to follow His commands. He made ministry look so easy. Why had it become so difficult for them? A father brought his son to be healed and met first with Jesus faithful disciples. "So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him,
(Matthew 17:16 NKJ)." Jesus corrected the group for their lack of faith, cast demons from the boy and healed him. (Verses 17-18) Then we read of those who failed their mission. "Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, Why could we not cast it out (Verse 19 NKJ)?" First notice that they came privately. They were shamed openly; now they sought honest answers alone with their Rabbi, teacher. I believe failing to help the needy boy did not hurt as much as failing Jesus. Jesus explained the necessity of faith and also gave comfort with a needed fact: faith is partnered with prayer and fasting.(Verses 20-21) Join me as I turn failures into workshops with the Master!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print