Hopeless Battle
by PamFord Davis

Are you fighting a hopeless battle? We do not need to be on a foreign field to be entrapped and in desperate need of deliverance. Some fight the battle of addictions. Others battle loneliness or depression. All of mankind battles the lure of sin. Is our battle hopeless?


The Bible is great literature and detailed history. It is also our foundation of faith. Book stores and library shelves display row after row of self help books. What happens when we have tried everything? What do we do when the battle is bigger than us? The Bible is filled with real situations and real people fighting life's battles. It gives us answers!


Certain portions of scripture seem to jump right off the page! We want to say "Yes, that is it exactly! That is how I feel!" If you are in a battle, grab your Bible and turn to 2 Chronicles chapter 20. Underline or highlight key verses. This needs to be remembered! King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah were in a real jam! The enemy was approaching and they were badly outnumbered. Notice verse 3a: "And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord." (NKJ) When we are up against problems and fear we should run for cover, under the shelter of the Lord's wings! The leader and his people gathered together in the house of God. He laid his case before the Lord, speaking of God's faithfulness and power. Then he described the current crisis, and in hopelessness of their strength and wit said, "our eyes are upon You (Verse 12b NKJ). Representing his nation he said, God we are looking to You for the way out of this mess!


The Holy Spirit came upon a man present; and he shared the word of the Lord. "Thus says the Lord to you; Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's (Verse 15b NKJ)." God took possession of the battle, and lifted the weight of responsibility off their shoulders! Wow! Now, look below at verse 17: "You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed, tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." (NKJ) God would be fighting the battle and offered them front row seats! Skip down to verse 22a: "Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes" (NKJ) God's children did not wait to see the battle won; they praised Him in song before the fighting started! We are not fighting a hopeless battle; we are witnessing God's limitless power!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print