The Search and The Delivery
by JOHN DE SILVA

In May 2006, I was in command of a ship which was required to load cargo at the port of Point Noire in Congo. The cargo included twenty six portable-cabins which were loaded on deck.

On the morning of the first day after sailing from port we discovered four stowaways who were hiding in a hold. On querying them they told us that, there was another person who boarded ship with them - in disguise.

Immediately after discovering the stowaways, it was decided to return to Point Noire to disembark them. Whilst the ship was returning to Port, a thorough search was carried-out to apprehend the 'lost one'-- still absconding stowaway. Searching for one man in hiding on a large ship is not an easy task. He could have been hiding in any of the cabins loaded on deck and each cabin was fitted with at least three compartments. From the time the ship was turned around, we had about fifteen hours for the search - until we return to Point Noire.These hours however were counted as ' delayed hours' and all these were delays meant losses to the owners.

It appeared that, prior to sailing from Point Noire, my crew under the leadership of the chief officer had not delve the stowaway search operation.

My mind was in a whirl. Delays were my responsibility as was everything else that happened on the ship. There were a myriad of thoughts in my mind

While my officers and crew carried-out the search through the night.There was something more I did however -- I prayed. And during my prayers I got a message from God: the location of the absconding stowaway. On the following day, at 5.00 AM, I called my chief officer, and told him where exactly I wanted the search carried-out. After listening to me, he said, "Captain we have already checked the cabin that you are referring to, and I assure you that, the man was not there".

I ordered: re-check the cabin and gave him the exact location. The search party went in there, and within few minutes I heard a loud cheer. The Chief Officer returned to the navigating bridge where I was waiting, and informed me that they discovered the stowaway.

I thanked and praised God.

My crew were amazed. The chief Officer said "Captain, believe me we searched that cabin!" Then he asked me, " Do you have a supernatural power?" My Chief Officer was a Myanmar national and a Buddhist.

I said to him," I do not have any super-natural power. But whole of last night I prayed asking God's help to find the man and during my prayers I got a message from God, giving me the exact location where he was hiding."

Everything is possible when you get closer to God. I share this experience with anyone who is looking for an encounter with holy spirit

Copyright  2009 John De Silva

www.captainswriting.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print