Old Prune
by PamFord Davis

"She is an old prune!" I hope that does not describe me; but if it does I'll look for the positive side of the insult! The latest health benefits of prunes are amazing. They are very high in antioxidants and miraculously build bone density! They have made a come-back and packagers are even trying to build a new image. The next time you look for a box on your grocer's shelf, you may be surprised to see them labeled as dried plums! I remember plum trees in the back yard of my best childhood friend. We did not know when to stop eating the tasty fruit, and paid the price with belly aches later!


Prunes just lack visual appeal. They are all dried up! If I am an "old prune," I am badly wrinkled, dried up in body and spirit. We continue to search for the fountain of youth and look in the mirror hoping to see smooth skin. "She's a real peach!" Well, I guess that means the girl is soft and fragrant. Surely they are not describing peach fuzz above her lip!


Our lives can dry up, too; and that is not a good thing! "The vine has dried up, and the fig tree has withered; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree - all the trees of the field are withered; surely joy has withered away from the sons of men,
(Joel 1:12 NKJ)." I do not want my joy to wither. I want to be a "young plumb," full of the juice of joy!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print