Burning The Candle At Both Ends
by PamFord Davis

Are you burning the candle at both ends? You may get burned! We frequently push our minds and bodies to the limits, draining every last drop of energy. There is so much work to do and so many problems to solve. Procrastination is considered to be a weakness; but at times there is wisdom in letting some things wait until tomorrow. We will deal with life's issues with renewed strength after a good night's sleep.


Our minds become land fills of anxiety, gloom and doom. We rehash personal problems, family trouble, and even world crisis. Soon stress hinders sleep and dream land becomes insomnia territory. "Tossing and turning" may have been a rock and roll hit record; but it is a bomb in the wee hours of the morning! If only it were as easy to shut off our minds as shutting down our computers.


Sleepless nights are nothing new. Men counted stars above, before we numbered tiles in the ceiling. "It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep (Psalms 127:2 NKJ)." Let Him tuck you in bed tonight. He'll read you a story from His favorite book. One day you will live "happily ever after" in His kingdom!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print