Opposites Game
by PamFord Davis

Find your box of flash cards. We are going to play the game of opposites! Pre-school children love the challenge of remembering words linked as opposites. Are you ready? We will start with a few easy ones: over-under/ inside-outside/ true-false/ slow-fast/ hot-cold/ open and shut. See how easy it is! If we were trying out for the game of "Password" we would easily be chosen as contestants!


Now we are ready for two words we know as well as the back of our hand: up and down. Those little words clearly describe your life and mine! Everything seems to be either up or down; and without question: "What goes up will come down!" Emotionally we grip the bar ahead of us on our roller coaster ride, as we descend after a mountain top experience. How could we feel so down when only yesterday everything was looking up? Financially we are in a down turn; and we daily try to get on top with an up swing in increased income. A friend calls to invite you out for lunch and a movie. You make polite excuses and say, "I just don't feel up to it today."


Do you enjoy music as much as I do? I can not express in words what part music plays in my life; but I do keep it playing! Music appreciation class is about to begin I do not have the ability to read music or play any instruments by ear; but I do realize the tunes are made up of high notes and low notes. As the range moves up and down something beautiful is created! The up and down movements blend and harmony is the result. Our daily ups and downs can create sweet music deep within; and our hearts become an echo chamber! We learn in the school of hard knocks that God does work in all things His good purposes. (Romans 8:28) Let's end on the up side; "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand (Psalms 37:23-24 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print