The Fatherhood of God (2)
by Fenny West

In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Many people know 'Our Lord's Prayer ' off by heart and pray it from time to time. It begins: 'Our Father who art in heaven
'
The phases 'Our Father' however pre supposes two things and those who pray this pray need to be aware of theses presupposition and ask themselves some searching questions.

First of all praying 'Our Father' implies God is your Father. However God can only be your father if He gave birth to you. We can rightly call our natural father, father because they brought us into the world. We have their genes, their nature. Similarly unless we are born of God we cannot rightly call Him Father. We may do because the prayer has been passed down from generations but the fact that we pray the prayer does not per se make one a child of God. Fatherhood belongs to the children and the word of God says as many as received Him, he gave the right to become children of God. The question is: have you received Him? You become a child of God when you are born again of the sprit of God. When you acknowledge that you are a sinner and repent of your sins and come to the cross, not because of your merit of goodness but because of what He has done for you on the cross; when you confess your sin and receive forgiveness you are born again and become part of the family. The old will go and the new will come you would have passed fro death unto life. it is then and only then that you can pray that prayer honestly.

God created everyone but everyone cannot claim to be a child of God.
Secondly Our Father implies you have other siblings from the same father from above. It means you acknowledge that you have other brothers and sisters in Christ that you are related to and interact with and love. Is that the case with you?
Now God desires for all to come to know Him. That was why He sent the Son of His love to come and die for us on Calvary's Cross. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting Life.' John 3:16

When we surrender our lives to Him and become born again He opens the eyes of our spiritual understanding and we pass from death to life; heaven becomes our Home and He writes our names in His Book of Life. His Spirit bears witness with or spirit that we are children of God and we love the brethren and meet with them for fellowship and grow from glory to glory.

Is this the case with you or are you religious? God is interested in a relationship and not religion.

So my friend it's time to debunk religion and enter into a relationship with God so that you can pray that prayer with meaning and conviction that God is your Father and you are His child.

Pray this pray with me and if you mean it; if it is from your heart, you will be born again and God will become your Father and you will become his child.

Prayer:
Mighty God
I come to you today, acknowledging that I m lost, blind, a sinner, separated from You.
Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me of very guilt.
I realise that I am not yet your child and I come this day to be born again of your Spirit.

I recognise that only Jesus can save me.
He paid the price for me, dying on the cross for me. I surrender to You from this day forward. Take absolute control of my life. Take your rightful seat on the throne of my heart. I belong to you spirit, sol and body. Reign in me, captivate my heat and let your Kingdom come.

The Fatherhood God
40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father."
Then they said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one FatherGod."
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.John8:40-42

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.V44
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."John3:3
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.John3:6

Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'v7
having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,1Pet1:23
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of GodJohn1:12

15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.[ And by him we cry, "Abba,[ Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirsheirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.Rom8:15-18

Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print