Delicious or Defiled?
by PamFord Davis

Modern man is in need of a sanitation expert! We are very concerned about bacteria and do not want anything contaminated to pass through our lips. Our biggest fears should be what come out from them! Now, I'm stepping on some toes and tripping over mine! Will your words be delicious or defiled?


We do not need to search the Internet or the Yellow Pages Book for our sanitation expert. He is found in the Good Book under Matthew 15, headlined as "Defilement Comes from Within (NKJ)." Jesus knew how meticulously faithful Jews kept traditions concerning ritualistic washing. He wanted them to discover the truth. Deep inside their bodies, at their core, laid a much bigger problem. "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man (Matthew 15:11 NKJ)."


Our poisoned speech makes us unclean, dirty, and defiled. "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man,
(Matthew 15:19-20 NKJ)." Turn on the garbage disposal of confession and rid life of defilement! Allow the sweet delicious trail of truth to flow through thankful lips!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print