Go To The Source!
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever tried to pin down the source of a problem? If you smell something burning you quickly survey the situation to make sure nothing is on fire in your building. Do you have a sensitive sense of smell? If you do, you will track with determination of a blood hound! Others may not smell anything; but you are sure something is just not right.


Doctors or car mechanics earn their living by trying to find the root of the problem. Often it is trial and error; but the goal is to determine why you or your vehicle is not running on all eight cylinders! At times we have a problem affecting large numbers leading to vehicle recalls or quarantines. If the medical problem is determined to be E.coli or salmonella, trained officials begin a nation wide search for the source of bacteria.


My children and I once shared a sudden illness and I suspected we were sick with food poisoning. My husband is a vegetarian and he did not get sick; so I decided the meat the children and I ate the night before must have been bad. When the symptoms grew worse I remembered an old episode of "Emergency," where people were experiencing flu like symptoms, but actually were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning! We were renting a trailer and my husband turned on the furnace before leaving for work. I told the children we needed to get out! When we were outside I saw a neighbor, and asked him to drive us to a hospital. After being examined, doctors determined we were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The gas company went to our home and condemned the furnace! The source of the problem would not hurt us again.


The Lord, as the Son of Man learned obedience. He found the source of that needed commitment in suffering! "who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him (Hebrews 5:7-9 NKJ)." Sometimes we will find blessings in trials and afflictions. The source of pain leads to obedient love!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print