Isolation
by PamFord Davis

What do you do when life gets you down? Do you shop or eat? Will you pace the floor or go to bed? If you have a simple case of the blues, occasional depression or a serious case of chronic depression you react with surrender or attack! Don't wave the white flag and give in. Fight back!


It is interesting to learn how many different ways we deal with discouragement, depression, and despair. The holidays are approaching and many will find it difficult to keep a positive attitude. The economy leaves great numbers with little hope for a big Christmas celebration. Each year people are forced to spend their first Christmas alone after the death of a loved one, or following divorce.


Will you hibernate in self imposed isolation? This is a common reaction; because the depressed have no desire for companionship or conversation. They just want to be left alone! They must force themselves to go out and face the world. "A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he rages against all wise judgment (Proverbs 18:1 NKJ)." The desire is to be left alone; and they might get what they ask for! People might begin to back off and will not be there to turn to. Fight depression; open your door and heart to others!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print