Stop- Look -Listen
by PamFord Davis

Did your school have crossing guards for children going to and from school? There are various kinds of guards. Some use volunteers, local police, or paid staff. Our elementary school called upon children from higher grades. It offered responsibility; and guards gained respect.


I remember once when in the sixth grade in severe winter conditions I served as a guard. I have a small frame and always found myself among the smallest in my classes. It seemed strange leading groups of much younger little kids! I directed them to waiting buses and then enjoyed a reward for my efforts. I went back inside the warm building for a cup of hot cocoa! It may have been the best I ever sipped!

Children are instructed to "stop-look-and listen" when crossing roads. We should remember to do the same. God does! "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
(1 Peter 3:12 NKJ)." He looks out for us and our safety. He listens to our humble prayers, and puts a stop to evil. We must look to Him! Our ears need to be ready to listen to His instructions and we need to hold up the Stop Sign to sin! We might even be rewarded with chocolate!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print