Give It Away!
by PamFord Davis

Are you a generous person? Do you freely give to others? What do you have to offer? We all have things to share, much more than we realize. The first thing that comes to mind is giving money or material possessions. We can turn loose of hoarded goods; but they are just a minute part of what we can give to others.


We might think we don't have anything that people need. Materially speaking it is true that "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Things that we cast off as no longer needed might be very useful to somebody else. Our local Rotary Club is collecting winter coats to distribute to the needy. It is a good example of sharing what you can.


Have you ever known someone who could not give away enough? My Aunt Doris always loved to share! I remember once complimenting her on a pair of warm fuzzy house slippers. She sent me home with them! The more we give away, the more we receive in blessings.
What can we part with today? Share smiles, hand shakes, and hugs. Give words of encouragement and a listening ear. Make a gift of God's word in written form or the spoken word. We have so much to offer! We are not held accountable for what we don't have; we do need to answer for what we possess. "Then Peter said, Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you; In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk (Acts 3:6 NKJ)." The beggar needed Jesus and healing much more than money! Peter gave all he could and Jesus transformed a life!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print