Don't Fence Me In!
by PamFord Davis

"Don't fence me in!" If that sounds like a country and western song, you're right! Cowboys wanted to be in the wide open spaces. Cows or horses were lassoed, branded, tamed and put in fenced areas. Those that worked with them refused to be fenced in! Many drifted from town to town, ranch to ranch, and cattle drives were the climax in their drifting. They viewed wide open spaces in every direction; and that is the way they liked it!


Sweethearts knew it would be a real challenge to rope them and keep them under a roof for very long. The cow hands did not want to be tied down or fenced in! They refused to be hemmed in by boundaries of barbed wire or apron strings! If women really loved their men, they were forced to give them freedom to live on the trail.


Do you want your boundaries and territory expanded and stretched? I do! I don't want to restrict God's blessings or my influence in my life. I desire to see miles of ministry in every direction. "And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain! So God granted him what he requested (1 Chronicles 4:10 NKJ)." The only fences I need are His protective arms!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print