Peace on Earth
by PamFord Davis

Lord, fulfill Your word. Bring peace on earth and good will to all men (Luke 2:14) In recent days news headlines were filled with reports of violence, and mass murder. There is no way to make sense of such senseless acts! Learning of shootings at a Texas military base leaves me angry and confused. We sadly accept the loss of lives abroad when our soldiers are killed in the line of duty. There is no way to justify their deaths at the hand of one among their ranks! I didn't even have a chance to catch my breath before reading of a workplace murder incident in Florida. Why oh why are lives snuffed out by others?


Gun control advocates will jump at the chance to try to tighten legislation banning ownership of guns. Guns are not out of control. Mankind is! We will not find peace in our homes, schools, and cities until the Prince of Peace rules in hearts. Life is seen as disposable and of no lasting significance. All were created in the image of God and each has great worth. Lord, send Your Holy Spirit of love and peace. Amen.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print