The Defense Rests
by PamFord Davis

Are you a fan of court room dramas? I admit "Perry Mason" still ranks high on my list of "who done its!" He seldom lost a case and had the ability to seek out the truth in a maze of deception. Clients came to his office desperate and downcast. He gave encouragement and showed genuine concern. Another bonus to the accused opened up in the knowledge that they could depend on team support from private secretary Della Street and detective Paul Drake!


The prosecution led by District Attorney Hamilton Burger knew very well they were meeting their match, when Perry showed up at the murder scene. Professional courtesy led the DA to offer the hand of cooperation, but he smiled between his teeth. They were on opposite sides in efforts to solve a crime and the jury's decision must swing in the right direction.


When court is in session it sounds like a verbal tennis match. The ball of evidence and testimony bounces back and forth from the witness stand. The judge referees and all decisions will soon be final. Things begin to reach a climax when each side gives their closing statements. Lawyers try to pull their case together and present it wrapped and tied with a bow to jurors. Perry did all he could to rescue his client from conviction and commented: "The defense rests."


I'm so humbled knowing that my defense is never to rest! "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed,
(1 Peter 3:15-16 NKJ)." Hope is in low supply these days. When others see it in us we are called upon to defend the faith. God wants you on His "dream team!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print