You Called?
by PamFord Davis

How high can you jump? We joke about a need to follow the instructions of others. It is not easy to find a faithful work force today. Loyalty to employers easily drops when compassion and concern for employees wanes. Contracts are broken, strikes are called and the team spirit cools off in the trenches.


The lives of the rich and famous are very appealing to those of us who can only imagine such luxury. Million dollar homes and household staff are props movies are made of! I wonder how many times a maid or butler stood at attention and politely asked "You called?" They were at the beckoned call of their employers and appeared out of nowhere each time a bell or buzzer sounded. They were called and they quickly responded, making themselves available to serve.


The prophet Samuel learned at a very early age that he needed to listen for the One who called him. "Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, Samuel! Samuel! And Samuel answered, Speak, for Your servant hears (1 Samuel 3:10 NKJ)." God still calls us by name. Will we be listening?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print