At Ease
by PamFord Davis

Military people in service to their country know very well the difference between standing at attention or at ease. "Attention!" The command instantly moves a soldier to an erect rigid stance. They barely breathe! All respect to commanding officers is displayed in row after row of soldiers standing at attention.


"At ease!" Bodies take the cue when given permission to relax. Have you ever seen a balloon on a string freed from the hands of a child? It floats above, supported only by prevailing winds. It is at ease! Earlier the child gripped it tightly, holding it back.
Is your spirit at attention, or at ease? Do you find yourself rigidly standing on a cliff fearing you may be pushed over the edge? Back up, green pastures are behind you! Jesus lovingly whispers. "At ease!" Give Him your attention and He'll put your mind at ease. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-29 NKJ)." Rest in the everlasting arms!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print