Temporary Blindness
by PamFord Davis

Are you experiencing temporary blindness? Picture taking is fun unless your photographer pushes the flash button once too often! "Say cheese!" That is not the word you are thinking of, likely it is more like "Please!" You will be begging for them to stop and let your eyes adjust. Your vision is filled with bright colored circles. For all practical purposes you are blind!


Flash bulbs are match stick flames compared to God's blazing glory! He needed to get Saul's undivided attention and blinded him from any outside distractions. "As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around Him from heaven (Acts 9:3 NKJ)." The heavenly light could not be ignored. Saul fell to the ground! (Verse 4) Jesus spoke directly to "the leader of the pack" bringing persecution to His followers. "Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were open he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus (Acts 3:8 NKJ)." When he saw the light he saw nothing else!


God sent His personal agent Ananias to speak His message of divine purpose to Saul. His hands would bring healing! (Acts 3:10-16) "And Ananias went his way and entered the house, and laying his hands on him he said, Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit. Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once, and he arose and was baptized (Acts 3:17-18 NKJ)." Saul transformed became the Apostle Paul and dedicated his life to serve his Savior. Blindness opened his eyes to the truth! Jesus is the Son of God!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print