Rags To Riches
by PamFord Davis

I am moved by a "rags to riches" story. It is encouraging to hear a life story touched by adversity and strengthened with success. A life of poverty transforms into wealth and prosperity! All things are possible and even the down and out are able to look up in hope. Spiritually we are all dressed in rags of defilement until we trust Jesus. When in simple faith we trust His saving grace, we are clothed in His righteousness! We receive all the riches of His kingdom and become heirs to an inheritance.


What about another exchange Jeremiah shares his "rags to release" testimony.
(Jeremiah 38:9-13). Enemies of the prophet cast him in the dungeon. Friends approached the king requesting his release before he died from hunger. They received permission to free him and began making concrete plans. "So Ebed-Melech took the men with him and went into the house of the king under the treasury, and took from there old clothes and old rags, and let them down by ropes into the dungeon to Jeremiah. Then Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian said to Jeremiah, Please put these old clothes and rags under your arm-pits, under the ropes. And Jeremiah did so. So they pulled Jeremiah up with ropes and lifted him out of the dungeon (Jeremiah 38:11-13a NKJ)." Rags led to his release and continued service for his Lord. Rags not only shine shoes; they lift from despair!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print