Take a Hike!
by PamFord Davis

"Take a hike!" Those words are normally spoken in anger or rejection. The statement clearly reveals that the one delivering the message wants the other person to get out of their sight. The hike is not meant to be a pleasure trip! Many people would classify hiking as a desirable activity. They plan vacations around hiking trails and eagerly get prepared. They purchase the best back packs, comfortable clothing, and walking shoes. Maps are packed and dreams soon become reality.


Did you know God once told a man to take a hike? No, he did not want Abram out of His sight. Abram would walk believing all land he hiked would be his!! "And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are - northward, southward, eastward, and westward; for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you (Genesis 13:14-17 NKJ)." That hike opened the eyes of Abram to his blessed future!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print