The Difference Between Conviction from God and Condemnation from Satan
by Marijo Phelps

Gentle Rebuke and Conviction

Child, child, you have not grieved me so much by your absence into busyness as much as you have robbed yourself of My Closeness and strength and renewal of your mind. You haven't been still then you overload. You sense out workings of that and it isn't what you'd choose, is it? Be still and KNOW that I AM God. I still love you, of course. Selah.

The Lord is gentle yet makes His point. He can make you understand where your choices are taking you but give you hope. He shows you his heart in the whole situation and gives you a remedy. He makes you feel like a toddler who tripped, stumbled and maybe even fell but was picked up by his/her daddy. Picked up and brushed off and encouraged to try and try again.

Condemnation

You sure have messed up not having your quiet times lately God is walking away and leaving you right where you want to be without him.

Satan makes you feel hopeless and condemned, like the lights were turned off and no one paid the electric bill. He makes you feel unworthy (and though we are we have Jesus who can, will and does forgive if we but ask) and in an unredeemable position. Satan is the accuser of the brethren the liar and the one who comes to kill, steal and destroy.

SO next time you hear a little voice, pray, and discern where it is coming from. If it is the Lord you have hope and can be forgiven.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (NIV)

If it is full of condemnation and leaving you with no hope there is also a remedy.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (NIV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print