One Life To Live
by PamFord Davis

Are you a fan of soap operas? Following ongoing dramas becomes a daily habit for faithful viewers. Several months after getting married in 1967 we purchased our first small portable black and white television. It came as a part of my birthday; but the timing revealed my husband held mixed motives for giving the gift. He didn't want to miss the coverage of presidential political candidate conventions! It did not take much time to clean our one bedroom apartment; and it allowed me free time to view daytime television. Some of the regular programs included game shows: Password, You Don't Say, and The Price Is Right. I fell into the compelling stories on soap operas: General Hospital, One Life to Live, and Dark Shadows. As a new Christian I did not understand all of the evil influences of Dark Shadows. I am glad the Lord protected me.


There is truth in the show title "One Life to Live!" Unlike the unrealistic cat's nine lives, we have only life to live. It holds great potential and peril. We decide which direction we will take. "Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel (Philippians 1:27 NKJ)." Wrong turns in life do not mean the end of the road! Detours often lead to reassessment and adventure. Life is precious and should be lived with enthusiasm, investing in the lives of others. Reap the rewards!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print