Disconnected
by PamFord Davis

"I'm sorry, the number you are calling is no longer in service." We all know the frustration of hearing that recorded message! Another stressor is to be in the middle of an important conversation and your call is dropped. I'm disconnected!


History may record this era as one of the most connected generations ever to exist. We no longer rely on snail mail or telegrams. Communication motivates us to remain linked with others through out our busy day. A few methods include: speaker phones, cell phone calling, texting, twitter, Facebook, My Space, instant messaging and cameras at our personal computers. We are connected through technology advances. Are our relationships any stronger than those who depended on the Pony Express or drum signals? I wonder. There is no clear evidence of increased intimacy and commitment. We settle for surface connections and miss the blessings of deepening relationships.


If you decide to make a move toward a stronger relationship, how can you access the other party? Do you need a secret code, password or pin? Choose a strong password using five letters: F A I T H! "through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God (Romans 5:2 NKJ)." We need each other; don't get disconnected!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print