Elbow Room
by PamFord Davis

"Give me space!" Do you feel like the walls are closing in around you? I suffer from a mild case of claustrophobia and my heart goes out to those who daily fight this fear. We need room to breathe and wide open spaces in order to grow. If a potted plant is in a container too small it can not thrive. An alert owner will move it to a larger planter and allow the roots to spread out!


When we are in a cramped space we become short of breath and our heart beats rapidly. "Give me space!" We now live in a large old house with four large bedrooms. At times we have lived in small travel trailers. I can adapt; I prefer our spacious home! People become irritable when feeling closed in. Tempers flare and conflicts develop. "And he moved from there and dug another well, and they did not quarrel over it. So he called its name Rehoboth, because he said, For now the Lord hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land (Genesis 26:22 NKJ)." Earlier Isaac's servants dug several wells; but surrounding herdsmen crowded them out. They finally found elbow room!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print