Peacemakers
by PamFord Davis

Blessed are the peacemakers." Jesus taught multitudes the beatitudes, speaking words of challenge and comfort. If we took time to write a list of things we desire in our lives, peace would make the top ten! Many of our deepest needs are found within peace. If we developed patience and acceptance of others, peace would prevail.


Often when we speak of peace cessation of wars is our focus. Sadly wars and rumors of wars will continue, until Jesus returns to earth and rules and reigns over all nations. Peace negotiations are ongoing around the world; and we salute those who pursue peace. They are blessed and their efforts will be rewarded by the Prince of Peace.


We cry out for peace in our marriages, homes and relationships. Society knows little of peace in our schools, places of work or in our cities. Is peace a pipe dream? Peace must reside within our hearts and spirits before it can gain control around us. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace (Galatians 5:22a NKJ)." We can not manufacture, legislate or demand peace. Lasting peace flows only from the Holy Spirit.


If peacemakers are blessed, what will be the outcome for "stress makers?" Those who cause conflict, division, and aggression will give account for their attitude and behavior. Some people love to go around stirring up trouble and hatred! If they are not in the heat of a battle they can't be happy. Solomon listed seven things the Lord hates. (Proverbs 6:16-19) He wraps it all up in this way: "and one who sows discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:19b NKJ)." Lord, guard our hearts, words and thoughts. With the power of Your Holy Spirit we will be counted with the peacemakers. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God (Matthew 5:9 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print