Ring the Bell
by PamFord Davis

Do you have memories of trying to win a big prize by ringing the bell, with a sledge hammer at the midway? If you were the young man, you put your pride on the line! A crowd formed around; and you rolled up your sleeves, took a big breath and raised your arms high. The heavy weight fell; and soon you knew your strength. If the bell rang, you received applause and admiring eyes of your sweetheart. If you failed to reach your goal, you either kept trying or walked away defeated.


Ladies, did you every get a prize cupie - doll or stuffed animal because bulging muscles of your man rang the bell? You lugged your prize around until your carnival date ended. Did you take it home to put on your bed or dresser; or did it become a decoration for his jalopy? It proved he hit the bell! God's word holds the power of a sledge hammer! "Is not My word like a fire? says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces (Jeremiah 23:29 NKJ)?" His word breaks hard self centered hearts; and the fire refines us until we are jewels he can prize! Bells are ringing in heaven!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print