Positive Confession, Does It Have Positive or Negative Results
by Marijo Phelps

1 Timothy 4
Instructions to Timothy
1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving. (NIV)

Positive confession denies reality just as Christian Scientists and other mind sciences do.

1. A Cult centers around a certain person with incorrect theology (e.g. positive confession, visualization, possibility thinking, some biofeedback and holistic things, metaphysics etc).

2. The Occult refers to that which is hidden or secret.

The Word Faith or hyper faith movement states that faith is a force that both God and man can use. This is in error because God creates because He is God.

Faith isnt an entity in itself. Our faith is in Jesus person and being.

Regarding hyper faith, God isnt confined by laws and principles so that He has to do what we say. God is soverign. Man does not have the power to create by his spoken word. The Bible does not say that man is a god over this earth. What you say is not what you get (thank the Lord for mercy on this one! Praise God, my Lord is great enough NOT to give me what I say sometimes, sometimes He says no.)

We shouldnt believe in unity with other professing members of the Body of Christ at the expense of TRUTH, Biblical truth.

Sorcery is the promise of Godhood. Pharmakeia is the Greek word for sorcery, witchcraft and drugs. This would include any attempt to manipulate the mind by any mind over matter techniques like alchemy, positive thinking and drugs.

Watch out for extreme focus on self esteem we are supposed to esteem others more highly than ourselves.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from factional motives [through contentiousness, strife, selfishness, or for unworthy ends] or prompted by conceit and empty arrogance. Instead, in the true spirit of humility (lowliness of mind) let each regard the others as better than and superior to himself [thinking more highly of one another than you do of yourselves]. (AMPLIFIED)

We are supposed to empty ourselves and become a servant.

Romans 6:18
And having been set free from sin, you have become the servants of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in thought, purpose, and action. (AMPLIFIED)

Visualization is getting a detailed picture in our minds and naming and claiming it long enough (called by some incubation) and then you give birth to it and it will come to be in the physical world. This is not scriptural.

The size of the church does not demonstrate the truth of the message.

If it works it isnt necessarily right or scriptural.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth. (AMPLIFIED)

Numbers and financial wealth does not necessarily equal spiritual wealth or truth.

Positive confession is new age scientific sorcery of today. EW Kenyon taught this back in the 19th century and is considered the father of the Word-Faith movement.

There is no power in faith alone it is who we place our faith in, JESUS.

Faith has to have an object (faith IN God).
Just because we believe something doesnt make it true.

It is not how much faith you have but who you have your faith in.

Jesus is the son of God, the exact representation of the Father, whether we believe it or not.

John 14:9
Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father? (AMPLIFIED)

God is our source of power. Faith is not our source of power. We are to pray His will, not ours.

Matthew 6:10
Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. (AMPLIFIED)

The mind of Christ is a servants mind and heart.
God answers our prayers on the basis of His sovereignty, mercy, love, justice etc. not because we said so.

You cant come to Jesus without negative confession; I am a sinner, I deserve hell

If your faith leads to a denial of reality it is WRONG (unbiblical).

We do need to have faith in Jesus, faith in the promises in God's Word and faith in what He speaks to our hearts, just not faith in faith because we have spoken something and feel that God has to do it like a genie in a lamp. That is not scriptural.

Lets teach and preach the cross.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print