Richful Thinking
by PamFord Davis

"Dream on little dreamer!" I occasionally make that comment when I hear my husband describe a plan or purchase that is beyond reach. I imply that his idea is out of the question, a complete impossibility. I should not be so fast to shoot down his desires. With God all is possible!


How big is your thinking? Do you always play it safe, keeping all wishes carefully calculated? Is your check book your first and last point of reference? It is good to look before we leap; but never stop leaping! "So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them walking, leaping, and praising God (Acts 3:8 NKJ)." The crippled beggar met Peter and received the Lord's healing touch! Walking became so easy he launched into leaping!


Are we doomed to wishful thinking and experiencing only the dregs? No, as we celebrate Thanksgiving we can turn to mature "richful thinking!" Our wealth does not determine our success in life. We are rich in blessings of family, friends, health, and our homeland freedoms. Above all, we can be rich in fullness of God! "And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace (John 1: 16 NKJ)."


The riches of this world often bring trouble along with false security. "But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows (1 Timothy 6:9-10 NKJ)." With grateful hearts we know we possess riches of eternal life and security. That is authentic richful thinking!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print