Facing Trouble
by PamFord Davis

"Nobody knows the trouble I've seen" The old spiritual hymn is the heart cry of many. They feel alone and overwhelmed by the load they carry. Feelings of bitterness and resentment might grip their broken hearts and lead to isolation.

Does anybody understand? Must they bear these burdens alone? "The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy (Proverbs 14:10 NKJ)." Individuals not only face troubles alone, but also triumph. It is true that strangers do not know what we feel deep inside. Jesus does.

"But Jesus, knowing their thoughts (Matthew 9:4a NKJ)." He knows exactly what we think and how we feel. If our heart is broken and our spirit is heavy, we may think nobody cares. We sink into discouragement and depression, believing we must cope alone. Jesus reaches out His hand.

"The spirit of the Lord is upon Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, (Luke 4:18 NKJ)."

Are you poor in spirit? Is your heart broken? Are you held captive by fear or addictions? Have you lost your vision of a brighter tomorrow? Are you a slave to self pity? Are you oppressed by financial losses? This is the year of the Lord. He is still in control. Somebody does know your troubles and the joy you can experience!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print