Flip The Switch!
by PamFord Davis

Flip the switch; let there be light! The Christmas season would not be complete without bright lights. Our yard decorations, business displays and Christmas trees seem to come to life when lights are turned on. I'm in my second childhood when I see dazzling light displays! My Dad would gather his large family in the family car and take us for a sight seeing ride. The holiday sights along his regular route back and forth to work were very exciting! I think they were extra special to him; because he could share them with us.


We can reveal our personalities by our choice of lighting varieties. Do you like the quiet statement of only white lights? Do you use only one color, such as red? I am a traditionalist; my desire is a large number of colors, the more the better! They break the darkness, and light my heart for the Christmas celebration. I believe God placed within us the fascination with Christmas lights. He is the Father of lights! "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning (James 1:17 NKJ)." He spoke on the first day of creation and light broke earth's darkness. Flip the switch; let there always be light!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print