I Want to Be a Warrior
by


I want to be a warrior. Problem is, I have so many fears and I let them get in the way sometimes. Do you ever feel that way?


I was doing a Bible Study recently and the author talked about not stepping into all of our children's battles and fights because sometimes we need to let God step in and fight for them. We also need to let them learn to lean on the Lord so that He can show them how to fight the good fight how to be a warrior of the Lord. And that just got me thinking. I want that for my children so much and yet I can be very protective of them. I want that for myself too and yet I can let my fears or my need to "protect" and keep my own life safe sometimes keep me from learning how to be the warrior that maybe God intends for me to be.

We pretend so often that we are here to live a good life; a safe life. We try to live safely and happily until death. If we do that, we feel like we have been "successful" in living. But God clearly tells us in the Bible that we will have troubles and "many." Why we try to avoid them, get away from them, or merely survive them is beyond me. I want to do more than get through the challenges and tough stuff that life throws my way. I want to overcome, defeat, and be a victor! It seems to me that I can't do this in my own strength and power I can only do it through God's strength.

I want to be a warrior. I don't want to shrink away from a fight. Surely, I will probably never welcome it but I can squarely set my feet on the ground and face it with determination, heart, and conviction. This would be a feat for me someone who avoids confrontation at all costs!

I know that I have an inner strength that exists only because the Lord lives in me. I KNOW that what He brings into my life, or what He allows Satan to test me with, is only allowed because He believes it will better me or grow me in some way. I KNOW that as long as I obey the Lord He is on my side. And if He is on my side nothing can defeat me. So with this knowledge, then why do I fear things so much?

Whatever comes my way whether it be illness, heartache, or unfairness I want to be a warrior. I want to fight nobly, honorably, and well. I want to battle life's injustices, challenges, and frustrations with integrity. I want that for my children too, even if it means swallowing hard and getting on my knees with my heart in my throat letting the Lord know that my trust completely rests in Him to fight for them and on their behalf instead of me getting in the way! I want them to gain the muscle and the faith that will be needed for tougher battles down the road in their life instead.

Lord please help me arm my children with the shield of faith, the belt of truth, and the sword of the spirit when I'm still learning how to arm myself with them. For I want them to be in your army and in your service. I want them to be warriors for you. I want to be a warrior for you. I don't want to be a victim anymore. I don't want to run away and hide, but I want to live fully for you and have a strong faith that only comes from allowing you to teach me how to fight. I want to allow you the room to work in my children and me. Please help me as I do.
Amen.


~Dionna Sanchez is Founder of EmphasisOnMoms.com and freelance writes. She also blogs at http://beautyinthestorm.blogspot.com 
Contact her at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print