Dust on the Bible
by Bob Valleau

When I first heard the chorus to the country song, "Dust on the Bottle," I thought I heard David Lee Murphy sing, "Dust on the Bible." I mean, the words did seem to fit:

There might be a little dust on the bottle
But don't let it fool ya about what's inside
There might be a little dust on the bottle
It's one of those things that gets sweeter with time

Of course, when I heard the rest of the song, the lyrics were talking about something entirely different. Then I thought how sad, but true, believers can sometimes get so caught up in life that they have no time or little time to read their Bible. It becomes nothing more than another book somewhere collecting dust.

However, our source for living should be consulted daily. It is the only place where we can find strength and encouragement to face what may lie ahead. It is the only place where God Himself speaks to us on a personal level.

If it's been awhile since you've cracked open the pages of your Bible, do so today. Don't let it fool you about what's inside. You'll find it's one of those things that definitely gets sweeter with time.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print