String of Lights
by PamFord Davis

What happens when one Christmas tree light stops working? All lights on the string of lights may also go dark! I can speak from experience; that is very annoying! Our tree has the lights permanently on the tree in three separate sections. At the end of last year's holiday season the bottom section lighting quit. I ignored the outage, deciding I could wait to correct the problem. I quickly got a wake up call when I set up the tree this year! It is easy to pass on problems; so I asked my husband to look for the solution. He said it would be easiest to just buy new lights, because they are not expensive. Why is it that those jobs that we believe will be "no problem" turn into major hassles? We bought a new set of lights and he dropped them on the floor and shorted them out! He made another trip to the store, bought set two of lights and began to wind them around the already trimmed tree. He is a patient man; and I applaud the final results! The tree never looked prettier!


Each light is important! They brighten their branch and join the others to illuminate the tree and our home. Jesus left us with specific instructions; and He watches us daily. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven (Matthew 5:16 NKJ)." The body of Christ, His church is much like a Christmas tree. When we each let our light shine, we form a line of lights to illuminate a darkened world. The glory of the Father is on display!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print