Dressed For A King
by PamFord Davis

How would you dress if you were given the opportunity to meet a king? You would likely go shopping and purchase an exquisite outfit with matching accessories. One night, long ago, shepherds tending their flocks received news of a newborn king in their vicinity! God holds a special place in His heart for shepherds. He chose a small shepherd boy, David to be King of Israel. He now sent angels on a mission to meet other shepherds.


Angels announced the birth; and trembling shepherds quickly sprung into action. They were not concerned about their attire or written invitations. They must see this Child! "So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us. And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds (Luke 2:15-18 NKJ)." No newspaper, radio, or television reporters announced the biggest story in history. The Savior, Christ the Lord is born! Shepherds quickly shared the news! They wore no expensive purple clothing of royalty, or press passes. They wore the peace of God!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print