GPS
by PamFord Davis

Do you trust your instincts or the GPS on your dashboard? Technology continues to make our lives easier. The latest gadgets give you step by step directions to your destination. They are not fool proof. I recently heard of a man stuck on a deserted back road, walking for miles to find help, and having his vehicle freed by a tow truck! It seems the GPS files showed the road as a short cut. In reality it added hours of frustration! Technology offers us tools; but they do not replace common sense or personal experience.


Long before inventors perfected the Global Positioning System devices, God led wise men with a "Global Positioning Star!" They patiently followed the star across country borders seeking the King of the Jews. Herod directed them to Bethlehem. "When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy (Matthew 2:9-10 NKJ)." Their GPS could not be purchased in any electronics outlet. God gave the gift and His heavenly star gave guidance. When it came to a stop over a simple stable the travelers rejoiced! When we are unsure of how to find God, help is available. His Holy Spirit will never lead us down the wrong path!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print