Busy Elves
by PamFord Davis

Children believe Santa's workshop is happily run by elves. They can easily understand why help would be needed. Making toys for children all over the world would be a big project! Even young children learn about cooperation. They are taught to put away their toys to help mommy. If they have younger sisters and brothers they can be a big help to their parents. They can entertain the baby while meals are being prepared, and bring mother diapers when needed. If their parents need assistance, Santa would need elves!


The Lord Jesus needs us in His workshop of ministry! When we show kindness to others He takes it personally. "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me' (John 25:40 NKJ)." I'm sure elves would consider their efforts nothing in comparison to Santa's special delivery service! We also might think we are not capable of anything significant. Jesus said we can do great things! "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son (John 14:12-13 NKJ)." How is it possible for us to do greater works than the miracle worker? Jesus served in a very limited area. He knew His followers would carry His message of eternal life to all nations! We have no special personal power. It is only when we allow the Holy Spirit to touch lives through ours that great things happen. We can be busy elves making a difference!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print