Light the Way
by Bob Valleau

Charlie stood on the precipice of a rock wall overlooking the barren sea. Down below, waves crashed into boulders that peeked above the water's surface. The sun was in its final stages of bidding itself goodbye.

Charlie gazed to his right and saw the remnants of a lighthouse that had since lost its glow. He was sure, in its day, the lighthouse served a valuable purpose, shining its rays of hope to guide travel-weary seamen safely to shore. He wondered how many had depended upon its faithfulness to fulfill its mission at night or every time there was a storm.

Suddenly, a wind rustled some leaves about Charlie's feet. He tugged at his coat collar to keep the nip in the air off the nape of his neck. He turned to leave, but before he did he glanced one last time at the lighthouse. Funny, he thought. What good is a lighthouse without a lighthouse keeper?

So true to life. As Christians, the light we are to shine before men is no good without the one who cares for others. To keep our light from going dim or diminishing altogether, may we always allow Jesus to shine through us . . .and serve as a beacon to those who are lost or need help along the way.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print