The Day the Squirrel Went Berserk
by Bob Valleau

A funny gospel song, sung by the same title, talks about a squirrel that enters a church and wreaks havoc among its members. The preacher doesn't understand why some of his members are acting strange.

There were days, as a single dad, when I thought my life was a little squirrelly. I cannot count how many times I felt overwhelmed, outdone and out-of-control. On those squirrelly days, I literally thought I was going berserk . . . until one day I got the upper hand and learned how to deal with them.

Years have passed since I was a single dad, but I can vividly recall a day when what happened made me question my sanity.

I was in the Army at the time, so that meant I had to get my six year-old son up before the crack of dawn. I had to dress him, feed him and drive him to daycare before I was supposed to be in formation on the post. The daycare would later take him, and a group of kids, to school by van. Well, I overslept, which is an oddity for me. So, the rest of the day went downhill which included me forgetting to give my son his school lunch and me being late for formation. I endured the berating from my first sergeant who didn't understand why I couldn't organize my time better. He didn't want any excuses, so I gave him none. The day ended with my son whom, while I wasn't looking, found a pair of scissors and tried to give himself a haircut. I went berserk.

As single parents, whether male or female, bad days are sure to appear. The key, which I discovered after having a multitude of bad days, is to recognize them early. That way, you can correct whatever needs correcting like schedule your time better or adjust your attitude. I know. Sometimes it's easier said than done. But, if you can do it, you'll make sure Mr. Squirrel stays where he is suppose to -- in his tree.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print