Say the Right Thing
by Bob Valleau

Kathy didn't want to get out of bed. The morning dawned anew with promises of a better day. She couldn't believe the hurt she caused her younger sister, Chloe, the night before. If she had only waited until Chloe's husband returned to explain why she saw him with another woman. But Kathy took matters into her own hands and confronted Chloe with Jim's infidelity. Chloe was deeply hurt and considered plans for divorce before Jim even stepped one foot inside the door. When the truth came out, Jim was not having an affair after all. He was merely meeting his niece for dinner -- a black sheep of his family he hadn't seen in years nor had he ever talked about to Chloe.

Kathy immediately felt guilt and shame for causing her sister so much trouble. Her sister readily forgave her mistake, and she forgave Jim for not being more forthright. But for Kathy, she considered her offense serious because she had been accused of doing the same thing in the past among some of her friends: jumping to conclusions and spreading false rumors.

The words we speak can uplift others or tear them down. Our tongues can wield healing or pain. God help us to remember Proverbs 15:4 (NIV) that says, "The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit."

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print