Donkey Rides
by PamFord Davis

Children love pony rides; and it would be a dream come true to have their very own pony. I believe that Jesus would have a preference for donkeys. He took his very first ride cradled soft in Mary's womb, on the way to Bethlehem. The gentle motion of the donkey stepping on the path rocked Jesus. When they stopped in a stable Jesus likely missed His donkey ride. Soon He would be born and share a room with His donkey friend.


The Lord warned Joseph in a dream of King Herod's plans to destroy Jesus. Joseph probably saddled a donkey in haste. He tenderly placed his bride and Jesus on the beast of burden. "When He arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt I called My Son (Matthew 2:14-15 NKJ)."


Jesus instructed his disciples to bring him a donkey. "All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: Tell the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King is coming to you, lowly, and sitting on a donkey, a colt, the foal of a donkey (Matthew 21:4-5 NKJ). Jesus made His triumphant ride into Jerusalem hearing shouts of Hosanna.


Jesus will one day return as conquering Messiah. A humble donkey will step aside. The King of Kings will ride a white horse. "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war (Revelation 19:11 NKJ)." It is a great privilege to be of service to the Lord. Donkeys were there when needed. Will we be standing by, ready and willing to serve?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print