Receiving Blanket
by PamFord Davis

Newborn babies are adorable and bring out all my maternal instincts. Did it all begin with baby dolls under the Christmas tree? I remember they were soft and smooth and the new doll smell drifted up to my face. I quickly named and loved each doll. I played mommy, feeding, dressing and rocking the baby in my care. My nursery came with child care essentials each year. Dolls came in baby strollers, baby cribs or high chairs. They were not gift wrapped to delay my excitement. They were displayed under drooping branches; and Christmas tree lights reflected in their tender eyes.


I began to care for real newborns at age eleven and quickly bonded with bundles of joy. They were so dependent and appreciated all of my attention. Their smiles made the hours of clock watching worth while. The contentment of a baby held in your arms brings joy and satisfaction beyond measure.


Expectant mothers gather many articles in preparation of the blessed event. No collection is complete without a large number of receiving blankets. The tiny baby is snugly wrapped inside, keeping arms and legs warm and secure. Have you received the babe who became the sacrificial Lamb? Baby Jesus grew to be the Son of Man, and willingly gave His life that we might have everlasting life (John 10:15-18).Christmas led to Calvary and Jesus crucifixion. We open packages in celebration because worshipers found an open tomb. They carried a story of victory. Jesus lives! We are invited to receive Him in every area of our lives. He waits to wrap us in His unconditional blanket of grace.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print