Wonderland
by PamFord Davis

Do you see a winter wonderland or wasteland? It all depends on your point of view. It is barely daylight and there is a fresh blanket of snow. Children tune in the news hoping school will be canceled. Mom feels a bad head ache coming on. Dad dresses in layer upon layer of clothing, before beginning the dreaded shoveling out of his driveway. Like the postal service his employers expect him to be on the job rain or shine.


I married forty two years ago this month in 32 below zero temperatures amid mountains of snow. A few weeks later my groom moved me south, where he proudly claimed it hardly ever snows. I'm glad he didn't promise to eat his hat. We woke one morning to a winter wonderland in the Mississippi Delta. Six inches fell from southern skies and this Yankee felt right at home. It did not last long; the warmth of the sun quickly melted all signs of a winter storm.


Are you getting excited about our heavenly wonderland? It will be a sight to behold and weather forecasters will be shaking their heads in disbelief. They could not predict the size or intensity of this experience. "But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him,
(1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJ)." We will be speechless, as we behold God's magnificent city. "The wonder of it all is God loves me."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print