Home For Christmas
by PamFord Davis

Each time I hear the popular "I'll Be Home for Christmas" I feel the twinge of memories. My thoughts carry me back to the living room decorated for Christmas in the house where I grew up. It has not been home for any of my family for nearly forty years; but it is still the first place that comes to my mind. I relive all the Christmas sights and sounds, along with the scents of evergreen branches, and fresh baked Christmas cookies. I feel the warmth of a cozy dimly lit room, appreciated because frigid temperatures surround the sturdy house. Distance and time cannot keep us away. We can all be home for Christmas.


Heavy hearts surface as families face their first Christmas following the loss of a member of the family or close friend. Holidays are times of celebration and just seem incomplete when loved ones are absent. Christians are given great encouragement; we are not without hope. Those who know the Lord personally and pass over Jordan's river to eternal rest are home for Christmas. "So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8 NKJ)." We miss those so dear to us; but we can find comfort knowing they are home for Christmas.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print