Santa's Lap
by PamFord Davis

Children anxiously stand in line waiting for the chance to sit in Santa's lap in a mall or department store. Their mothers frequently glance at their watches knowing they are on a very tight schedule. The line slowly inches forward and moms try to keep the children's clothing wrinkle free and their hair neatly in place for pictures. Finally, they receive their turn and the child climbs up in the lap of an official Christmas Santa. The child is instructed to smile and a snapshot is taken to sell at an outlandish price. Merchants realize parents will fork out the cash for the Christmas memory.


Will parents be as faithful to place their children in the arms of Jesus? "But Jesus said, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven. And He laid His hands on them and departed from there (Matthew 19:14-15 NKJ)." There is no waiting line. Jesus is the One waiting. Bring your child not only at Christmas time. Place them in Jesus care daily through your prayers. He will not place a candy cane in their grasping hands. He will give His love, protection and care.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print