Special Assignment
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever been chosen for a special assignment? It may have been something as simple as handing out exam papers, or washing the blackboard for a favorite teacher. You could have been selected for the leading role in the class play; and your parents beamed with pride. Perhaps you served in the military; and your commanding officer sent you on a secret mission. Anyone could have been given the responsibility; but they chose you.


Gabriel faithfully followed the instructions given by the Creator God. The Almighty directed him to a small town called Nazareth, with a personal message to a devout young virgin girl. Long before telegrams, special delivery mail and private instant messaging, angels served as messengers. Their service continues today even if we are unaware of their presence. They guard us, and may be whispering encouraging messages in our thoughts. The message that Gabriel carried to Mary drew her undivided attention. "And having come in, the angel said to her, Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women (Luke 1:28 NKJ)!" A natural reaction of fear filled Mary; finding herself in the presence of an angel. "Then the angel said to her, Do not be afraid Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus (Luke 1:30-31 NKJ)." Gabriel continued the delivery of his message calming Mary's fears and answering her honest question.


The delivery of a message often is followed by an awaited response to carry back to the person sending the important information. "Then Mary said, Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word. And the angel departed from her (Luke 1:38 NKJ)." Gabriel fulfilled his special assignment and waited for further instructions.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print