Puddle Jumper
by Bob Valleau

The other day, I saw a little girl hopping down the sidewalk, holding onto her mother's hand. It had just rained and the air was cold. But the weather didn't seem to bother the girl who was wearing a light jacket and bright yellow boots that appeared to be on the wrong feet. The little girl giggled while jumping in puddles along the way. At one point, she splashed a big puddle and got all wet. She started to cry, and her mom swooped her up into her arms.

As I watched this carefree girl and mom make their way past me, I couldn't help but think of my own childhood days. I, too, remember playing in the rain and not worrying about a thing.

After they were no longer in my sight, I decided to stomp a puddle in front of me. Somehow, it didn't feel quite the same like it did when I was a kid. Not only did I feel silly, but now I had a wet sock inside my wet shoe, and I just knew I was going to catch a cold.

Maybe the key to living a worry-free life is having someone who will take care of you no matter what. If that is the case, then I want my mommy.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print