Three Ingredients to Writing Well
by Bob Valleau

Over the years, I have found three ingredients that have helped me to write well. They are an integral part of my writing routine. Perhaps you can incorporate them, too.

1. Time. I do my best, and most, writing in the wee hours of the morning, when all is quiet. I know one writer who does her best writing at night while shut inside her big bedroom closet, sitting on the floor with her laptop. Try to choose a time of day, or night, when you feel you can produce your best.

2. Prayer. Before you place pen to paper or fingertip to keyboard -- pray. Pray that God shows you the direction, tone and focus of your writing endeavor. Consider your audience (who you are writing to) and your topic (what you are writing about).

3. Solitude. I treasure silence. I need to be alone, and left alone, when I write. It helps me to concentrate on my train of thought and feelings. When you apply this ingredient, eliminate any distractions that would interfere with your ability to think.

If you've been struggling to write better, pick a time when you can quiet yourself and seek God's help. After following this routine, you'll notice your writing will gradually improve, and you'll reap the benefits of writing something worthwhile.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print