Night Owl
by PamFord Davis

Are you a night owl? Do your creative juices and energy kick in when the sun sets? Night and day time hours seem to be reversed by some. They prefer to begin their days while the majority of their friends wrap theirs up. In my teenage years I frequently stayed up all night and slept until noon. Now, I routinely begin my day, hours before daybreak. As the younger generation says: Go figure.


Is increased knowledge and wisdom received by the light of the moon? The Bible tells us of one man known for his religious leadership among the Jews. He chose night time hours to expand his horizons. "This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him (John 3:2 NKJ)." Intellectual knowledge, mixed with faith founded on facts leads to true wisdom. Jesus shared personally with Nicodemus the reality of every one's need to be born again. (John 3:3) The night owl took a night time stroll to talk with the great Teacher. I believe he left a much wiser man. He would return to Jesus in the future to honor Him at burial. (John 19:38-42) Jesus left anointed wrappings behind in an empty tomb. A night owl could rejoice on resurrection morning.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print